The Benefits of Hiring an Experienced Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Attorney
If you’ve been accused of a crime and are searching for the right attorney to represent you, it’s important to prioritize experience. Having a reliable, practiced attorney throughout the entire criminal defense process can help keep you calm and collected, even during what is certain to be a stress-inducing experience. Too many times, we’ve seen people damaged more by their choice of lawyer than by the charges levied against them.
With that in mind, the following are some of the key benefits of working with an experienced criminal defense attorney:
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system: Attorneys who have spent years practicing criminal law know that area of law extremely well, which means they will know all of the best and most effective defense strategies to use in specific circumstances.
- Protection against hefty penalties: In most situations, prosecutors aim to levy the harshest penalties possible. If you do not have a skilled attorney to advocate for you and your rights, you could end up accepting more stringent penalties than are necessary.
- Damage control: Having a criminal attorney advocating for you prevents law enforcement officers from getting in touch with you directly, which eliminates the possibility of you incriminating yourself or accepting a bad plea deal. Attorneys prevent you from making hasty decisions and can analyze your case from every angle.
- Financial benefits: Although there is an upfront cost associated with consulting a skilled criminal attorney, you stand to save money in the long term because that attorney may be able to negotiate a plea deal or allow you to avoid huge fines.
- Expedited case: Experienced defense attorneys understand how criminal cases proceed and can help you save precious time. This can enable you to get through your case as quickly as possible without compromising your ability to secure a positive outcome.
If you are facing serious criminal charges, call Matthew R. Zatko, Attorney at Law at 814-483-7075 or contact us online. We would be happy to schedule a consultation appointment.