Experienced Drug Possession Attorney
A solid defense is necessary if you’ve been charged
Pennsylvania is adamant about stopping the flow of illegal drugs into and through the state along the Somerset Turnpike and other major road highways. Many of my clients are stopped along the turnpike by alert highway patrol officers who are on the hunt for drivers carrying illegal drugs.
For nearly 20 years Somerset drug offense attorney Matthew R. Zatko has been defending people who’ve been stopped by police and charged with possessing drugs including:
- Crystal meth
- Prescription drugs without a prescription
If you’ve been stopped by police and charged with drug possession, you could face stiff fines and/or a lengthy jail sentence. Typically, there are mandatory minimum sentences that vary according to the type of drug you’re caught possessing.
No-nonsense drug offense attorney
Before answering questions from or making any statement to police or prosecutors, speak with a knowledgeable criminal defense attorney. Your words could come back to haunt you.
When trying to prove charges of possession, prosecutors will attempt to show that:
- You knew the drug was an illegal and controlled substance
- You intentionally possessed that substance without a valid prescription
- The substance has been confirmed as an illegal drug
- Police had probable cause to search you, your property or your vehicle
There are several defenses that I can use as a drug offense lawyer. I will look at your case in-depth and research all of the ways in which we can reduce or eliminate the charges through defenses including:
- An insufficient drug amount
- No intent to use or distribute
- A prescription from a licensed medical doctor
- Drugs not yours
- Unlawful search and seizure