Hard-Charging Personal Injury Lawyer in Somerset Fights for Your Rights
Aggressive advocacy when you’re hurt due to someone’s negligence
Accidents happen every day. One moment you’re sitting in your car, waiting for a red light to change, and the next moment, another automobile has violently crashed into you. That’s only one of countless scenarios in which someone else’s negligence can leave you or a loved one suffering physically, emotionally and financially. If you have been hurt in such an accident, you can trust Matthew R. Zatko, Attorney at Law to fight for your rights to damages. For more than 15 years, I have helped injured parties and their families obtain full compensation for the harm they’ve suffered, including several awards in excess of $1 million. While there are never any guarantees in personal injury claims, I am dedicated to getting the best possible outcome for each of my clients based on the specific circumstances.
If you have been hurt in an accident, you can trust Matt Zatko to fight for your rights; your right to have the damages done to you repaired, the right to be compensated and you have a right to be made whole after someone’s negligence has injured you. Often in car accidents it’s because of speeding by an impatient driver, a teenager texting while driving, a drunk driver who selfishly got behind the wheel or poorly maintained brakes on a big truck. When you’ve been in an auto accident you need an experienced auto accident attorney who can fight on your behalf. When you’ve been in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you can trust Matthew R. Zatko, Attorney at Law to be your advocate. If you think of everything you’ve lost because of this accident, the weight of the other driver’s carelessness can cause of heavy burden on you and your family. For more than 15 years, I have helped injured parties and their families obtain full compensation for the harm they’ve suffered, including several awards in excess of $1 million. While there are never any guarantees in personal injury claims, I am dedicated to getting the best possible outcome for each of my clients based on the specific circumstances.
The basics of your Pennsylvania personal injury case
Lawyers accept personal injury cases on a contingency fee. That means you don’t pay me any upfront legal fees. I do not get paid unless I am able to obtain a judgment or settlement for you, my client. Here are a few other facts you need to know about your personal injury claim:
- In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years. That’s the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit or lose your rights forever. However, there are certain circumstances that could extend that time period, such as the discovery of a latent injury after surgery.
- Most personal injury claims start as claims against an insurance company. It could be an auto insurance claim after a car crash, a general liability claim after a slip and fall at a grocery store, or a homeowner’s insurance claim following a dog bite. Insurance adjusters are quite accommodating in the early stages, and this can lull you into a false sense of security, so you think the insurance company will settle for a fair amount. What often comes next is a lowball offer, demands for more documentation, and the failure to return your calls. You can avoid all that by retaining an experienced attorney as soon as possible after your injury.
- Most personal injury cases settle out of court. But it’s still important to hire an attorney with courtroom experience, because unless there’s a credible threat of trial and a real prospect of losing at trial, an insurance company rarely settles for a fair amount.
When you retain Matthew R. Zatko, Attorney at Law, you get a determined advocate who fights for your rights in negotiations and in the courtroom.
Auto accidents handled by a knowledgeable Somerset personal injury lawyer
A large part of our practice in Somerset is representing victims of auto accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents, including drivers/riders, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists. Pennsylvania has strict laws regulating who is permitted to file a lawsuit after an auto accident. When purchasing auto insurance, Somerset drivers can choose to opt into or out of the state’s no-fault system.
- Opting in: Drivers save money by purchasing limited insurance protection. But they lose the right to sue other drivers or collect damages for pain and suffering, even if the other driver caused a car crash that resulted in injuries, unless the injuries are serious.
- Opting out: Drivers purchase full insurance coverage. While this is the more expensive option, these drivers have the opportunity to sue and collect damages for pain and suffering after being injured in an auto accident caused by someone else’s negligence.
When you have a limited right-to-sue policy but consider the harm you’ve suffered to be serious, it’s important to work with an experienced attorney who can convince the court of the seriousness of your injuries.
Determined medical malpractice representation in Somerset
Another area where I offer strong representation is medical malpractice. I fight to hold healthcare providers accountable for:
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Post-surgical infections
- Medication errors
- Other negligent acts and omissions
I consult with highly qualified experts in the medical field to prove liability and hold negligent healthcare providers accountable to injured patients.
Representation for Somerset victims of dog bites
An attack by a large dog can be a harrowing experience, inflicting grave physical harm and emotional trauma. But even a snap from a smaller dog can do serious damage to tendons, nerves and blood vessels. I provide aggressive representation to victims of dog bites and knockdowns in the Somerset area.
Skilled representation for catastrophic injuries and wrongful death
In our personal injury practice, we have represented many clients who suffered catastrophic, life-changing injuries or lost a relative to wrongful death. Severe cases, such as brain, head and spinal injuries, require strong and determined representation to get the full compensation the client deserves.
In auto accident, medical malpractice, premises liability, and products liability cases, I am prepared to represent clients suffering from severe harm, including:
- Back and neck pain
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Ligament and cartilage tears
- Whiplash injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
Insurance companies are rarely eager to pay fair monetary compensation to individuals injured by the clients they insure. This is especially true when the injuries are grave and the cost will be high. However, I am not intimidated by my opponents’ tactics and will fight aggressively on your behalf.
Contact me now for a free personal injury consultation
For an aggressive and knowledgeable personal injury attorney, call Matthew R. Zatko, Attorney at Law at 814-483-7075 or contact me online. I serve clients throughout Somerset County, Bedford County, Cambria County, and Indiana County.
“Attorney Zatko handled my complex case in a very professional, courteous, and competent manner. He was able to obtain a settlement for me that was far in excess of what the insurance company was originally offering me. I would HIGHLY recommend him for your case!”
–Anonymous, 5.0 Rating ★★★★★ Review From Avvo
“I was having no success locating a lawyer to help me with what I felt was an unfair speeding citation on the PA Turnpike. My Dad found Mr Zatko through the Bar Association and suggested I talk to him. From the first contact, he was professional, friendly and honest about my situation. To make a long story short, he was able to resolve the situation for me in a most favorable manner. And I feel at a very reasonable fee. Many thanks are due!”
–Jolene, 5.0 Rating ★★★★★ Review From Avvo
“Mr. Zatko took the time to answer all of my questions thoroughly and kept me well informed of the process. I live out of state so he was able to represent me without requiring me to drive 5 hours to appear in court. He successfully negotiated the best possible scenario for my case and I couldn’t be more happy with the result. If you are looking for an Attorney that truly knows every subtle nuance of the law and has strong working relationships to ensure that your case is treated objectively and fairly, then the only choice is Matthew Zatko. I typically never take the time to write reviews, but when someone goes above and beyond my expectations to achieve a successful outcome for me, I am compelled to share that information with other people that are in need of solid representation.”
–Scott, 5.0 Rating ★★★★★ Review From Avvo
“Attorney Matthew Zatko’s management and personal assistance in the administration of the completion of the family estate legal matters was greatly appreciated.”
–Anonymous, 5.0 Rating ★★★★★ Review From Lawyers.com